Morning sickness is one of the most common problems during pregnancy and it mostly starts after eight weeks of pregnancy. The women who are pregnant with their first child will have a lot of questions about it. You might be thinking about how long the morning sickness will last. As you might have already guessed that morning sickness will not last for a long time and it will go instantly.
During pregnancy, it might be hard for you to bear morning sickness as no one likes to start their day on a bad note. Well, one good news is that there are some methods that can help you get relief from morning sickness. There are several methods that can help you with morning sickness and it won’t cost you a lot of money for the treatment.
Understand what is morning sickness
It is important that you first understand morning sickness and then start to look at the treatment for relief. When you feel nausea and vomiting during your pregnancy then it might be because of morning sickness. The name morning sickness does not mean that you will feel it only in the morning. For some women, morning sickness can last until the 16th week of pregnancy. There is no concrete proof that shows the cause of morning sickness but here are some theories that you must know.
• Improved sense of smell can cause morning sickness
• Lower blood sugar level
• Increase in progesterone level
• Increase in the level of estrogen
For most women, there is no harm to them or their baby due to morning sickness but there are some women that might have several issues. About 1% of women might develop issues named hyperemesis gravidarum that might cause weight loss and dehydration and in this cause, they have to be hospitalized. If you also feel severe issues due to morning sickness then you should immediately seek medical attention.
Effective ways to get rid of morning sickness
Most women during the pregnancy are not focused on the cause of morning sickness and will be looking for solutions to take care of the sickness. If you are looking for solutions to get relief from the morning sickness then you can discover more here.
• Lemons – Lemons have a refreshing and cleansing effect that can help you with nausea. They are a natural product so you do not have to worry about any harm to your health. You can get some lemon candies or essential oils to get relief from morning sickness.
• Nutrition – It is crucial that you take care of your nutritional requirements during pregnancy. Avoid eating fatty food and keep snacks near your bed and avoid cooking for about six weeks as the smell is not good for morning sickness.
• Medications – You can take the help of your doctor to prescribe you medicine for the morning sickness. There is some effective and helpful medicine to provide you relief from morning sickness.
• Sleep – Start to get more sleep during your pregnancy and make sure that you get proper rest during the day. This way you can avoid facing any kind of issues with your health.
• Acupressure Bands – This is another effective method to deal with your morning sickness. You might have seen some people using acupressure bands to deal with motion sickness.
• Avoid Smoking – Smoking is a bad habit and you need to get rid of smoking if you do not want to face any problems. Due to smoking, you might not get a proper appetite that can result in morning sickness.
So these are some of the things that can help you with morning sickness and you can discover more here. It is essential that you remember that morning sickness does not last for long as it is only a temporary condition. You can try any of the above methods to get relief from morning sickness.